You should customize the branding and
wording on your notification templates before you place any customer orders.
Until you customize your emails, they will be sent with the default Ingram
Micro logo and text. Follow the steps below to customize your notification
1) Log in to your Reseller Control Panel. See the
Introduction to the Reseller Control Panel for instructions if required.
2) Click the Billing link at the
top, right-hand side of the page. If the link says Operations, skip to the next step.
3) Click on the System > Settings
4) Under System, click Notifications.
5) Under Notifications, click Notification
Templates to view the emails that your customers are currently receiving.
6) Locate the template you wish to view and edit. Templates can be found
either by looking through the list or using the search field. Usually the first
templates to be updated are called “Welcome” emails, so you can easily locate
them by searching for the term welcome.
7) Once you find the template you wish to change, click on its template
name to view it. You can view and edit both the HTML and Plain Text versions of
8) Click on the HTML or the Plain Text tab (in this example, we
look at the HTML tab).
9) Scroll down the page past the text of the message. Press the “Preview”
button to see what the notice looks like.
10) If you want to make any changes,
default, notification emails will be sent to your customers with the Ingram
Micro logo. You can add your own company logos using the Reseller Control
11) Go back to the System > Settings > Notifications menu
(see steps 2, 3 and 4), and then click on Common
You will see a list of all of the
common settings for your notifications. If you have not customized these yet,
the logo and URLs to Customer Control Panel and website will be set to the
Ingram Micro defaults.
12) Click Edit at the bottom of the page to change your control panel,
website and logo.
13) Enter the correct details and
click Save at the bottom of the
NOTE: You need to upload the logo file to your site so that the
template can pull the image from it. See the next section of this guide for
more information on how to do so.
14) Once you click Save, you will see the settings updated
with your changes made.
You should preview your
notification email templates again to see how your changes affect the
Uploading Your Logo for Welcome Emails
mentioned above, you should ensure that you upload the image file to your FTP
server and place it in \webspace\httpsdocs\yourdomainname.com. Follow these
instructions to complete this task.
1) Locate your FTP server details by clicking on the My
Subscriptions link at the top right-hand side of the Reseller Control
2) Navigate to the Websites
tab and click your domain name listed.
3) Click FTP Access.
On the FTP screen, you will be able to
see your FTP login and password.
To change your FTP login name and
password click Edit at the bottom of
4) Use an FTP client to connect with your server and upload your logo to
Uploading your logo file completes
the process of configuring your common notification settings. You may also edit
the welcome emails for individual solutions if required.
Note: Welcome emails automatically
include login credentials for the Customer Control Panel, which give your customers
full access. If you prefer your customers not to access billing information or
ordering, you will need to set up an admin user to allow your customer to log
in and use their service (see this
article for instructions).